Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Parent's Night Out

On Saturday night, Gordon and I took Louise to Parent's Night Out at the place she does Gymnastics. We dropped her off at 5pm, went out for dinner and picked her up just before 9pm.

I think she enjoyed it. Well, she has already chosen the pillow and blanket she is taking to the next one. Here was the schedule for the evening:

5pm - 5.30pm gymnastics
5.30 - 6pm dinner (apparantly pizza and grapes)
6.oo - 6.45 crafts, Lou made a cute necklace, and games
6.45 - 7.30 more gymnastics (actually Louise keeps telling me that they ran and ran and ran and ran. I guess that they were getting the energy burned up before hte movie!)
7.30 - 9pm The Bee Movie - they were all sitting / lying on the floor at the warm up place with their pillows and blankets. Lou was kind of off to the side on her own (aww)

When I picked her up, I asked her if she liked it and she told me that she had fun but the movie was 'a little bit scary'. She does not like bees!!! I am not sure if it was the movie or that she was unsure of what was coming next. She made friends with one of the teachers so was OK. I hope she wants to go again. I think now she knows what she will be doing, she will really enjoy it next month. We'll see! Next month the movie is the Jungle Book. If it works out, it will give Gordon and I the chance to get a movie or dinner once a month while she does something she enjoys!

No comments: